The Manus Group - So what now?

Orange Park, Florida 4 comments

I went to the initial interview at the dealership with Julie Williams of Manus Group.I came home to research the details and obviously found out it was a scam.

I am now terrified that these people have so much information about me. It is all standard job ap stuff-social, DL #, maiden name ( only were talking about having given this info to thieves not a potential employer) Is there any way to protect myself at this point?

I have a good credit rating and know for a fact they will check it-the application for employment says so.So now what?

Review about: Employment Training.

Comments

First clue they are not a good company: They sent me a notice as that I would be good candidate for a position with them. I believe they send these notices to everyone that has a resume out on Monster.com job board, no matter what job the candidate is seeking.

2nd clue: I sent a reply and heard nothing back.

Memphis, Tennessee, United States #591433

I interviewed with the same company and did not pay for the training program.Julie hired me and invited me to training, I attended all the classes, interviewed again with the delership(s), was chosen to work for the Hyundai and Mazda branch.

I didn't get paid for the week of training, but i did have a job and started out salary with the auto company. No scam involved on my end. Manus is hired to do interviews and training because the auto industry has such high turn over.

EVERY DEALERSHIP needs your DL# and maiden name for insurance purposes.

You are being hired to drive their vehicles- extensive background checks, including our driving record, are requirements.

You have nothing to worry about.Not everything you read on the internet is true :cry

Monona, Iowa, United States #232569

Turn Manus and the dealership in to the Department of Consumer Affairs in the State you live in. Very simple, just google it. DCA people are nice.

Monona, Iowa, United States #232567

do not go to the dealership alone.some managers think hitting is their call to duty.

get a police escort and have them walk you into the dealership. demand all of your paper work and copies to be returned to you immediately.

report this to the Attorney General Office of your state.good luck to you

View more comments

Auto Sales Training Scams and The Manus Group

Fairfax, Virginia 9 comments

It's now been about a year since I was ripped off by the manus group auto sales training racket.I along with many others assumed we were being employed by a car dealership in the D.C.

area. Of those that attended the training, about half were hired and one actually quit after he was lied to by the trainer about required work hours even though he was initially hired. The Manus Group will lure you in with a two day period to go for an interview ask you to attend a three day training. At the end of the first day, if not before, we were asked to pay $698 by the next morning.

All during the training it was mentioned that we were all needed and there would be a job for somewhere if not at that dealership. Two people who did not get hired (maybe more) were harassed into paying their fees even though they were not hired and neither had a job to pay for it. Finally one person was days away from an eviction. After spending three days in Manus training (that could have been spent looking for a real job opportunity) they learned they would not be hired.

All of this was done on dealership premises.The auto business deserves its sleazy reputation.

Review about: Auto Sales Training.

Comments

Job Opportunity with Hunter Nissan Lincoln‏

Actions

Jessica Collins via Monster

Add to contacts

5:42 PM

[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]

To: labocapo@hotmail.com

I saw your resume on Monster.com and I am very interested in talking with you about a sales position with Hunter Nissan Lincoln. You may not be aware, but people with various backgrounds and career experiences can adapt their skill sets to enjoy a successful career in Automotive Sales.

Our philosophy is to train, coach, mentor and support each person to maximize their potential and skills. Winning teams don't just happen, they are created by skilled leaders who know how to motivate, inspire and guide others to phenomenal success. As a result, our employees are the largest part of our success.

We are looking for individuals with various skill sets that are willing to make a career change and would consider this opportunity. Don’t worry if you do not have Automotive Sales experience, because we will train you! The Manus Group, a professional recruiting and sales training firm, will be assisting our dealership with selecting the right candidates and providing the fundamental training necessary to begin a new career with a solid and confident foundation. Fundamental Sales Training and all materials are provided to you free of charge. To learn more about The Manus Group, your trainer and the success of previous graduates of The Manus Group, please visit The Manus Group Automotive Training and FAQ.

I would like to interview you on Monday, October 22nd but no later than Tuesday, October 23rd, anytime between 10:00am and 6:00pm. During the interview, I will provide additional information including details on the $4,500 salary while training. Please respond to this email if you would like to attend.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to meeting you.

Julie Williams

The Manus Group

National Sales Trainer

ALL interviews will be held at: (for directions go to mapquest.com)

Hunter Nissan Lincoln

1340 Spartanburg Highway

Hendersonville NC 28792

i was hired and went throught the trainning just to find out that we were not paid what we were promised. i was getting trainned by Sam baker, he knew what was going on and he took advange of my situation knowing i was unemployed.. Well they will be answering to OSHA, FTC and the Texas Attorney General pretty soon.,Be careful of these people.

to eddie #1042884

they are in a small town in indiana this week coming up.

The fee and the avoiding the sales floor tipped me off. After research I nearly had a breakdown because I was so close to being had. Dealerships usually hire directly, so watch out for these ads.

These people are scam artists.They keep opening up under different names.

They were RJ Williams & Associates. They do not even pay the people that travel around the country teaching the classes. I worked for them in 2008 I taught a class in New Jersey. I had to take my young son on this trip since it was during his school break.

So after staying in a hotel renting a car and dining for the week I watched the dealership write a check for the class and for MY expenses to RJ Williams & Assc. I never received a dime all I got from Rick and Julie Williams was the run around that was 3 years ago.

What a surprise that they are now running the same scam as Manus Group.Watch out for these 2 they are meant for eachother and getting rich off the backs of others

I received an email from a local car dealer ship (found my resume on career builder).Said no experience needed and that the Manus Group would be doing the training.

Promised A $5,000 SALARY WHILE TRAINING...WEEKLY GUARANTEE...PLUS INCENTIVES & BONUSES STARTING THE DAY YOU ARE HIRED. The Manus Group, a professional recruiting and sales training firm. They will assist us in selecting the best candidates.

The Manus Group will teach the fundamentals of automotive sales while building the foundations needed to begin a new career with guidance and confidence.Glad it didn't sound right and I researched it first.

Petworth, England, United Kingdom #232214

Answer for Tyler, it looks like a legit hire.You think on the first day of training that you are in a class of new hires.

You find out that first afternoon there is a training fee due first thing the next morning.You can have it deducted from your pay...that is IF you are hired.

I was thinking about going for the interview but was not sure if it was legit . What do they tell u any way?

Monona, Iowa, United States #228445

Firkins Bradenton FL top of the list for scammers. You will be ripped off. Do not go there.

View more comments